A day of shopping and dining in Turku – The best bits of Turku in one day!
When you want to spend a day of shopping and dining in Turku and see the city’s beautiful scenery, click on the prepared 3.7 km route and spend a memorable day on foot!
- The route starts from Turku’s main train station, which heads towards Turku’s Market Square. Along the way, you can eat breakfast in cafes, for example; Gaggui Kaffela, Cafe tori-Otava, Cafe Eino, Torikahvila Kisälli or Aschan’s Blue Train and you can enjoy the events, concerts and markets organized in the market square. The market sells fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, fresh fish, clothes and handicrafts. You can stop by the market for shopping, market coffee or just to feel the atmosphere.
Did you know we make everything by ourselves” – Gaggui Kaffela
Market square events link.
2. Next, the route takes us across the river to Turku’s Aboa Vetus & Ars Nova, i.e. Old Turku and the new art museum shop Laurentius, which sells products made by the people of Turku. The selection includes, for example, handicrafts and the museum’s own products. The selection of the store, which is about one hundred square meters in size, is constantly renewed, so it is worth stopping by every time you visit Turku.
3. If you’re starting to get hungry, the perfect place to stop to enjoy lunch and a wonderful river view is, for example, restaurant ship Donna or nex to it restaurant ship Svarte Rudolf, or go eat at the restaurants Karu Izakaya, Hügge, Tintå or Via Tribunali. Another great place to enjoy lunch is in Turku’s Old Market Hall, where the route takes you next. In the market hall, you can find a wide range of high-quality delicacies for the dining table, and the hall itself is already an attraction because it belongs to the gems of Finnish architectural heritage and is in the highest protection category as a very valuable site in terms of cultural history.
4. Then the route heads to Linnankatu, along which there are several small boutiques and specialty shops, such as Sisustustu koodi, Porta Nove, PUF, interior design shop Uniikki and KUI design on Kristiinankatu. There are two flea markets on Linnankatu and Kristiinankatu; Maanantaimarket and Merkitys 2nd Hand Shop are worth a visit.
5. The journey continues towards the Hansakortteli Shopping Center, where you can also shop. Le Follie boutique and Dirty Hippies Second Hand & Lifestyle flea market are worth a look along the route.
6. Finally, the route goes around to Yliopistonkatu, which is a 1.5 km long pedestrian street with shopping opportunities, restaurants and bars. You can stop for dinner in restaurants such as Pikku-Torre or Wanhan Baronin Kellari. Finally, you can spend the evening in bars such as Whiskey Bar, Rabalder Bar, Rento Bar or Teerenpeli.
Markets are often held in Turku. If you happen to be in town at the same time, you should definitely visit!
The market is an event for the whole family, where you can find various food delicacies and handicrafts.”
Turku riverside spring market 17-19 March 2023, FRI-SAT 9am-6pm, SUN 10am-4pm
Turku riverside market link.
- Turku Market Square
- Turku Market Hall
- Turku riverside
- Restaurant ship Donna
- Restaurant ship Svarte Rudolf
- Karu Izakaya
- Via Tribunali
- Wanhan Paronin Kellari
- Whiskey Bar
- Rabalder Bar
- Rento Bar
- Gaggui Kaffela
- Cafe tori-Otava
- Cafe Eino
- Torikahvila Kisälli
- Aschan’s Blue Train
- Shopping center Hansakortteli
- Museum shop Laurentius
- Interior Code
- AS A DESIGN
- Interior store Uniikki
- Le Follie
- Merkitys 2nd Hand Shop
- Dirty Hippies Second Hand & Lifestyle
Welcome to Turku by Local4U!