City Tour de Lappeenranta by Local4U
City Tour de Lappeenranta is 6,9km long walking and biking route, which starts from Lappeenranta railwaystation and matkakeskuksesta and goes through the city of Lappeenranta, leading you towards it’s heart, harbor. In the route you can admire beautiful city and taste the famous meat pasteries of Lappeenranta, Vety and Atomi which you can get from market squares of Lappeenranta.
The route goes through Old park area Pusupuisto to the Port of Vyborg and to the historical Fort of Lappeenranta where the museum of Etelä-Karjala, Cavalry museum and Art museum of Lappeenranta can be found. In summer route leads you to the Sandcastle of Lappeenranta in the harbour. The sandcastle is great attraction for the families with children. From the Sandcastle you can find an bouncy castle, small train and carousel of the harbour. From the Harbour the route leads through Rantapuisto park, via house museum of Wolkoff to the center of the city.
Norppa statue marks out the way to the Valtakatu, past Lappeen-Marian church, where you can find many restaurants. Also cultural building Nuijamies can be found from the road. In Nuijamies holds local events.
You can enjoy a cup of coffee in cafe-confectionery Aleksandra or in other cafes which you can find from Tour de Cafe Lappeenranta-route. If you feel like shopping, the route takes you near the shoppingmalls Galleria and IsoKristiina.
Welcome to the happy Lappeenranta, enjoy and get to know the best local services!
More useful information can be found from city info of Lappeenranta!
Top 5 attractions:
- The fort of Lappeenranta
- Etelä-Karjala museum
- Art museum of Lappeenranta
- House museum of Wolkoff
- City hall of Lappeenranta
- Myllysaari is freetime area of Lappeenranta for everyone
- More about Myllysaari and other exercise places in Lappeenranta can be found from Tour de Ulkoilu & Movement site.
- If you are travelling by campervan, you can park it to the matkaparkki parking spot that locates near Fort of Lappeenranta.
Summer teather of Lappeenranta
- You can enjoy summer teather shows next to the Fort of Lappeenranta.
- In winter you can go do downhill skiing and toboggan in Ski center Myllymäki that locates in Joutseno.
- In Joutseno, next to the Ski center Myllymäki locates Korpikeidas, wher you can fish salmon, get it smoked and get it with you, enjoy a cup of coffee and in summer see different domestic animals in domestic animal park.
The best local services in the route:
- Linnoituksen Krouvi
- The Kitchen
- Ravintola Wolkoff
- Do you want to experience the coffee culture of Lappeenranta? Go to Tour de Café – route from here.
- Kahvila-konditoria Aleksandra
- Satamatie 6
- Kahvila luovuus
- Tea´n´ Roll
- Kauppakeskus IsoKristiina
- Kauppakeskus Galleria
- Tour de Shopping Lappeenranta
Families with children:
- Myllysaaren perhepuisto
- Lappeenrannan satamatori
- Lasten liikennepuisto
- Kauneushoitola Unelma
- Kauneushoitola Illusia
- Kauneushoitola Lumie Beauty
- Tour de Ulkoilu & Movement-route by Local4U.
Hotels and camping:
- Hotelli Rakuuna
- Original sokos hotel Lappee
- Scandic Patria
- Camping Lappeenranta
Welcome to the Lappeenranta Local4U!