Lappeenranta’s best outdoor recreation and sports places gathered on one route!
On the Tour de Ulkoilu & Movement route, you can find Lappeenranta’s best outdoor recreation and exercise spots, e.g. for a day trip with the whole family. The route offers exercise options from swimming pools to nature trails and outdoor and indoor exercise facilities.
On the nature trails, you can enjoy the great nature of Lappeenranta and the beauty of Saimaa. The Myllysaari park area offers things to do from beaches to water sports, while Huhtiniemi has opportunities especially for those who are enthusiastic about fitness and sports.
Lappeenranta has good cycling opportunities, see the routes here.
- Exercise by nature
- The city of Lappeenranta has opened a free boat rental service for crossing Pappilansalmi in September 2021. Three rowing boats are available for rent at the site of the former Pappilansalmi castle at the end of Isännöitsijäntie. They can be used free of charge through the electronic reservation system.
- Instructions for booking here.
- The park-like field of Kahilanniemi is an interesting whole with its height differences and coastal scenery. The Kahilanniemi course offers great golf practice areas in the immediate vicinity of the course. Both putt and pitch/chip greens can be found in the practice area. There is a high-level water range in Kahilanniemi, where you can hit balls from both carpet and artificial grass.
- Myllysaari’s beach and recreation area is the city’s main beach on the shore of Saimaa.
- Sauna. Myllysaari’s public beach sauna is located next to Myllysaari’s swimming pool and beach. In winter, the sauna also has an opening.
- The beach volleyball courts are in use between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. We hope users will follow the opening hours. The pitches are freely available to everyone, but a fee of €5/booking is charged when booking them.
- The family park is a child-friendly, comfortable and safe exercise park that can be freely used by city residents.
- In summer, there is a summer cafe on Myllysaari’s beach.
- In the summer, Myllysaari is also a great place for kayaking and snorkeling.
- Kimpinen’s outdoor gym
- The camp’s outdoor gym
- Louhenpuisto’s outdoor gym
- Camp run
Huhtieniemi ski and sports center
- Fitness stairs
- Skate park
- Tip: Huhtiniemi nature trails and exercise services (gym, tennis hall), Sammonlahti beach and Parkinmäki nature trail and beach.
Best services along the way:
- Cafe Tea ‘n’ Roll
- The Kitchen
Welcome to Lappeenranta by Local4U!
Photos: outdooractive.com, Lappeenranta.fi and visitlappeenranta.fi