Tour de Northern Lights, Rovaniemi by Local4u
Tour de Northern Lights is an experience trip to the Arctic Circle, Northern Lights and Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi.
You can fly from Helsinki to Rovaniemi in a couple of hours or you can start your own car, the distance to Lapland is 811 km.
The accommodation is Iglu, where you can admire the northern lights under the glass roof. In Rovaniemi, it is worth exploring Santa’s wonderful land and the city’s diverse range of services. The highlight of the route is a visit to a husky farm, where you can get a memorable 1.5-hour sleigh ride in the landscapes of Lapland.
A relaxing moment in the sauna and jacuzzi in the snowy nature is also a unique experience along the way.
In Rovaniemi and Kemi you can visit historical museums and on 15.12. after Kemi snow castle is open to visitors. See more city info Kemi Info & Rovaniemi Info.
Day 1 – Rovaniemi
Arrival in Rovaniemi and transfer to the Arctic SnowHotel & Glass Igloos hotel area about 35 km away. You can get there by taxi, rental car or you can order a transfer from the hotel at [email protected]
- Accommodation at Arctic SnowHotel & Glass Igloos for 4-6 nights
Day 2 – Rovaniemi
- Santa Claus Village
- Rovaniemi Shopping. See the shopping center Revontuli info here
Day 3 – Safari/ride
- Bearhill husky ride eg 3h in the morning, see more here.
Day 4 – Finnish sauna + outdoor jacuzzi
- Sauna and Jacuzzi, a moment of pampering in the Arctic Circle at the Arctic Snow Hotel
- or Spa Lapland Hotels Luostotunturi Spa or Santa Sport Spa
Day 5 – Kemi
Local4U Kemi Info & Rovaniemi Info
Photos Visit Meri-Lappi, Visit Rovaniemi