Enjoy the Teerenpeli, day in Lahti
Spend an unforgettable day in Lahti in “the spirit of “Teerenpeli”.
The theme of Lahti’s Teerenpeli day is to get to know and taste different beers, ciders and whiskeys and enjoy the local delicacies of the family-owned restaurants at lunch and dinner in good company, enhanced by excellent service. The theme of the day is perfect for a bachelor party or friends’ weekend, as well as a corporate recreation day. Its the best make advance reservation online or by calling.
By nature, black grouse choose their place to play; fields and waterways, so you can plan a day or weekend trip to Lahti. “It’s captivating to listen to the buzzing and hissing of the black grouses, what do you want to convey to the other players?
The day’s route starts from Lahti Matkakeskus:
- Getting to know the center of Lahti and the market square.
- Lunch at Wine Cafe Olav, on the edge of the market
- Ride a bike or take a taxi to the Teerenpelin Brewery & Distillery Visitor Center. On Saturdays at 15:00 you can get to know the production and products of the brewery and distillery with guided tours and tasting events. Please remember to make an advance reservation on the website.
- Head towards the port of Lahti and Restaurant Teerenranta, where you can continue tasting the best beers or whiskeys in the wonderful scenery!
- Reserve a table at Restaurant Taivaanranta, located on Rautatinkatu, where the evening culminates with authentic flavors. You can also get to know the distillery’s operation, premises and products by participating in a guided, approximately one-hour presentation tour in the restaurant’s downstairs showroom. The demonstration tour includes a tasting of four different distillery products.
- The best continuations of the late night with snacks are spent at Teerenpeli in Vapaudenkatu in Lahti, Welcome!
The fascinating story of restaurants keepers can be found at visitlahti.fi
The history of Teerenpeli…
In 1994, the Teerenpeli beer restaurant was opened on Vapaudenkatu in Lahti. The following year, a small-scale brewing operation was started in connection with the restaurant. The first brewery was only 60 liters in size. In 1997, the brewing capacity was increased to 250 liters and cider production was started. This brewing equipment is still in use and it is used to make special beers at Restaurant Teerenpeli in Helsinki.
In 2002, the brewery was moved to the basement of Ravintola Taivaanranta in Lahti. In the same year, the distillation of malt whiskey began. In 2009, Teerenpeli built its own brewery building, Lahti Teerenpeli Brewery & Distillery Visitor Center, in Lahti’s industrial area and acquired bottling equipment. The former brewery facilities were fully used for whiskey production.
Teerenpeli’s first beer was a dark lager flavored Lingonberry Lysti. In the first year, 2,000 liters of beer were produced, today Teerenpeli produces almost half a million liters of beer and cider per year. About 100,000 liters of whiskey are also produced annually to mature in barrels.
Teerenpeli beer restaurants are located in Lahti, Helsinki, Tampere, Turku, Lappeenranta, Jyväskylä and Oulu.
Welcome to Teerenpeli, Lahti by Local4U!